Happy New Year DoGooders!
I hope your holidays were and are merry and bright and your new year's resolutions center around how you can transform your community into the amazing place you know it can be!
Here are 6 resources for you to get that marvelous transformation started in 2017!
If you're a nonprofit professional...
- spend some time overhauling your strategic fundraising plan! EveryAction.com has a comprehensive guide dedicated to building a plan that grows and suits your organizations needs!
- consider a training! The Society of Nonprofits has great webtrainings that will help you and your team stay on top of current trends and build up skill sets in the new year!
- Read this fabulous article and then? Pick something to STOP DOING!
If you support nonprofit organizations financially through donations or board service...
- Take a moment to recommit yourself to your mission...or find a nonprofit organization who needs your support as a board member and ask if they are taking on new members!
- Stop everything and watch this incredible TedTalk destroying the Nonprofit Overhead Myth. Then change the way you think about funding the charities you love!
If you want to do more for the nonprofits you love in your community...
- Check out VolunteerMatch to see if your skills are needed at an office near you!
Whether it's deciding to make a small recurring gift to a local organization or volunteering your time to serve on a board or making the choice to take care of yourself...small decisions can lead to huge transformations! And those of us who love and serve the nonprofit sector know this better than anybody!
SO go out there and build great things, do great work, and create the community you want to see!